BOYLSTON, Mass. – The New England PGA Foundation is proud to partner with Avidia Bank to announce the founding of the Avidia Bank Foundation Scholarship. Beginning in the fall of 2019, the scholarship will be awarded annually to deserving students who are actively engaged in the game of golf. Five (5) scholarships worth $1,000 each will be awarded and distributed in the winner’s name to their college or university.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply. To be eligible, students must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (unweighted GPA based on a 4.0 scale) in either high school or college;
- Show proof of engagement in golf (prior Junior Tour membership, letter from PGA Professional or high school coach, etc.);
- Be accepted or enrolled in a four-year college or university;
- Be a primary resident within the New England PGA boundaries (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Eastern Massachusetts);
- Submit their Avidia Bank Foundation Scholarship application by July 1.
Students interested in applying for the Avidia Bank Foundation Scholarship, or any NEPGA Foundation Scholarship, can find the official application and list of eligibility and required documents online here.
The Avidia Bank Foundation Scholarship is the ninth scholarship opportunity offered by the New England PGA Foundation, backing up its mission to improve the lives through the game of golf. Since its inception, the NEPGA Foundation (formerly the NEPGA Scholarship Fund) has awarded more than a half-million dollars in college scholarships.